Sunday 15 June 2008

A few recommendations

I've spent the last few months getting back to the appreciation of wine rather than the analysis, here are a few recommendations from my endeavours:

Luis Cavas, Reserva Fauilia, 2001, Rioja (Alavesa) - had this little number whilst having dinner at Oloroso, Edinburgh. The sommelier was very knowledgeable and helped with my choice. No notes as such just a great match to my ostrich, smooth, fresh and fruity.

Senorio De Cruces, Albarino (Spanish white) - Picking a Spanish white in a french restaurant probably isn't the done thing but Monsieur Vin had never tried this grape and I new he would like it. Mouton Noir is a relatively new French establishment recently opened in the Bruntsfield area of Edinburgh. An easy drinking white, but a bad match for my rich french main course, great wine, wrong food match. Would be lovely with Paella.

Cooper Hill, Pinot Noir, Oregon, USA - believe it or not I had this wine on the in the Oregon Bar and Grill on the 42nd floor of the Detsu building in Tokyo with spaghetti in a tomato sauce with King Crab. Divine, light fresh and a great price this organic little number was a great accompaniment to the food, the view and the company.

No comments: