Sunday 14 January 2007

Chrismas Day - 2006

Henriot Brut (NV)
A gift from Monsieur Vin

I've opened my presents by 9:30am, amongst other things I have received:
2x Denby wine glasses - there lovely, I plan to buy a couple more the same so I have set
Susy Atkins - The Really Useful Guide to Wine - I'll let you know my thoughts on this one
Hugh Johnson's Pocket Wine Book - 2007 (30th Edition)
A bottle of Spanish Red (no vintage noted on the bottle)
A bottle of Henriot Brut Souverain Champagne (NV)

But best of all I am now a a 3D Wines 'wine partner.' This means I have rented a row of vines in a vineyard in France for one year. The one I chose is Domaine de Salvert in the Loire Valley. There's lots of other extras in the pack they have sent me. I'll dedicate a blog to this in due course.

We ope the Henriot Brut before leaving to go to Bellini's for Christmas dinner.

To look at: The bubbles are small and move slowly through the pale yellow liquid
To smell: Biscuits, toast, buttery with a splash of lemon
To taste: The mousse tickles my lips, citrus fruit burst, limes and lemons, a lovely fizz on tongue followed by a savoury buttery flavour

I haven't tasted any fine champagnes, but I know what I like and this is lovely. It's an NV but the maker is listed in my Hugh Johnson Pocket Book. I don't know the cost as it's a gift, I hope Santa pops a bottle in my stocking next year.

No comments: