Sunday 7 June 2009

Rioja and the Blues

It's Friday, it's been a long stressful week. You can feel that spring is in the air in Edinburgh. Large white fluffy clouds scoot along a blue sky back ground. I'm watching old footage of Son house play the Death Letter Blues. The music is melancholy his voice is deep and earthy, his heart and soul going into the rifts played on his ancient guitar. Son House is an extraordinary perform of the delta blues.

The tesco finest Rioja covers my palate with spicy red fruits, logan berries, raspberry and red plum. It's Woody and earthy too. The tannins are smooth and mouth coating and it has great length. It's pretty well balanced all round.

My senses envelope my surroundings and I feel the stresses of the week evaporate in a swirl of music and liquid comfort.

No comments: